Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Creative Snow Day Announcements in Kentucky

I hope all of my KYSPRA colleagues are staying safe and warm during these LONG dreary winter days. Snow days are some of my least favorite days to work in school PR, as I am sure many can relate. So many experts, opinions, and social media really seems to bring out the best in folks. (Yes, that was sarcasm.) And while I can without a doubt say my Superintendent is not signing up to do any snow day sing-song announcements, I did find a few creative efforts on the Twitterverse from Kentucky superintendents.

Superintendent Benny Lile sings Walk Softly because there is no school in Metcalfe County:



Green County Schools have a few creative videos on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/greencoschools/timeline.

Ohio County School District's Superintendent Scott Lewis with his version of a snow day rhyme to call all students, faculty and staff:



And Lyon County is having a "school closing" parody video contest with videos to be submitted by 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday. We'll check back to see what the Lyon Co. Lyons create.

If I have missed any other unique announcements, please share links in the comment box!

Stay warm!
Leslie

Leslie McCoy
KYSPRA President 2014-15

No comments:

Post a Comment